Geetika Sharma suicide case: Kanda moves bail plea
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, an accused in former air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, on Wednesday moved a bail application before a Delhi court.
The bail plea will come up for hearing tomorrow before District and Additional Sessions Judge S K Sarvaria.
The sitting Haryana MLA was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, 13 days after Geetika was found dead in her Ashok Vihar house in North West Delhi.
He was then remanded in judicial custody on August 28 after the Delhi Police said he was not required for further custodial interrogation.
Earlier, his anticipatory bail plea was rejected by the trial court and the Delhi High Court, following which he surrendered before the police.
In her suicide note, Geetika had alleged Kanda and Aruna Chaddha, an MDLR employee, were harassing her to rejoin the former minister`s firm after she left the job.
In her August 4 suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abeting suicide is made out against him and that Geetika was "hypersensitive" and the extreme act on her part was that of a "confused and frustrated individual".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed