Geetika Sharma suicide: Gopal Kanda`s aide seeks bail
New Delhi: Aruna Chaddha, co-accused of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda in the air hostess suicide case, has moved a Delhi court seeking bail.
The bail plea has been filed before Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta, who is presiding over the special fast track court dealing with cases of sexual offences against women.
The court has fixed the application for hearing on July 3.
"The case file has been sent to the High Court, the same is awaited. Put up on July 3 for hearing on the said application," the court said.
The trial in the case began on May 27 when the court recorded the statements of eight witnesses, including police personnel and also the doctor who had conducted postmortem of the victim.
Chaddha and Kanda are accused of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old former air hostess Geetika Sharma, who was earlier employed in Kanda`s MDLR airlines.
While Kanda stands charged for subjecting her to rape, unnatural offences, his aide Chaddha has been charged for abetting these offences.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim.
Chaddha had moved Delhi High Court seeking quashing of charges against her for which the record of the trial court had been called by the high court.
The air hostess was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter