Geetika Sharma suicide: Gopal Kanda`s aide seeks bail
New Delhi: Aruna Chaddha, co-accused of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda in the air hostess suicide case, has moved a Delhi court seeking bail.
The bail plea has been filed before Additional Sessions Judge M C Gupta, who is presiding over the special fast track court dealing with cases of sexual offences against women.
The court has fixed the application for hearing on July 3.
"The case file has been sent to the High Court, the same is awaited. Put up on July 3 for hearing on the said application," the court said.
The trial in the case began on May 27 when the court recorded the statements of eight witnesses, including police personnel and also the doctor who had conducted postmortem of the victim.
Chaddha and Kanda are accused of abetting the suicide of 23-year-old former air hostess Geetika Sharma, who was earlier employed in Kanda`s MDLR airlines.
While Kanda stands charged for subjecting her to rape, unnatural offences, his aide Chaddha has been charged for abetting these offences.
Both the accused have also been charged with forgery for cheating and harming the reputation of the victim.
Chaddha had moved Delhi High Court seeking quashing of charges against her for which the record of the trial court had been called by the high court.
The air hostess was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in North West Delhi. In her suicide note, she had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha.
The police had in its charge sheet said Kanda was obsessed with the victim and was putting pressure on her to come back to his company.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Jharkhand: Firing during Dhanbad municipal elections, many injured
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’