Geetika Sharma was exploited: NCW
New Delhi: Questioning how Geetika Sharma`s postmortem report was leaked to media, the National Commission for Women on Friday said the "delay" in police action in the case proved that she was exploited and demanded speedy justice for her family.
"I had visited Geetika`s family. It is clear that she was exploited and was forced to commit suicide. And there was delayed action in the case which shows that she was exploited," NCW Chairperson Mamata Sharma said while replying to queries on police failure to arrest former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, who is charged with abetting suicide of Geetika, for nearly 10 days.
She questioned how the media got access to the postmortem report "when we or the Ministry didn`t receive it".
"The most unfortunate thing in this case is the postmortem report, which we had asked for and was not given to us by the police," Sharma said, adding police should conduct proper investigation following surrender of Kanda and the culprits must be punished.
Geetika, 23, was a former employee of Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airline. She had committed suicide and accused him and another senior colleague Aruna Chaddha of harassing her.
Kanda was a minister in Haryana till Geetika named him in her suicide note. He went underground and remained untraced before surrendering at a police station in Delhi on the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- China doesn't recognise 'illegal' McMahon Line: Beijing responds to NSA Ajit Doval
- CBSE 10th Results 2015 to be declared on May 27
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Is there life after death?
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results declared