Geetika Sharma was exploited: NCW
New Delhi: Questioning how Geetika Sharma`s postmortem report was leaked to media, the National Commission for Women on Friday said the "delay" in police action in the case proved that she was exploited and demanded speedy justice for her family.
"I had visited Geetika`s family. It is clear that she was exploited and was forced to commit suicide. And there was delayed action in the case which shows that she was exploited," NCW Chairperson Mamata Sharma said while replying to queries on police failure to arrest former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, who is charged with abetting suicide of Geetika, for nearly 10 days.
She questioned how the media got access to the postmortem report "when we or the Ministry didn`t receive it".
"The most unfortunate thing in this case is the postmortem report, which we had asked for and was not given to us by the police," Sharma said, adding police should conduct proper investigation following surrender of Kanda and the culprits must be punished.
Geetika, 23, was a former employee of Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airline. She had committed suicide and accused him and another senior colleague Aruna Chaddha of harassing her.
Kanda was a minister in Haryana till Geetika named him in her suicide note. He went underground and remained untraced before surrendering at a police station in Delhi on the weekend.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA