Geetika Sharma`s mother suicide: Cops probing role of Kanda, Chaddha
New Delhi: Former air hostess Geetika Sharma`s mother, who committed suicide by hanging herself inside her house here Friday evening, left another suicide note for her son, asking him to be "strong," police said.
Deputy Commissioner of Police P. Karunakaran told IANS that a note was found from the spot, written by Anuradha Sharma and addressed to her son.
"She said in the note that she was in depression because of the death of her daughter and she too was committing suicide. She asked her son to be strong," Karunakaran said.
Geetika`s mother committed suicide Friday and blamed the same people that her daughter had named in the notes that she left before committing suicide. Geetika`s mother said she was taking the extreme step because her family was being harassed.
Anuradha Sharma, 52, was found hanging in her bedroom here at her Ashok Vihar residence around 5.50 p.m. Friday. A suicide note she left named former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha - the same duo that Geetika held responsible for her suicide.
Karunakar told IANS that Anuradha was in depression since the death of her daughter August last year. The family and relatives had been paying her much attention in the wake of Geetika`s suicide.
"On the day of the suicide, her son Ankit had called his mother to have lunch with him at his office, a few kilometres from the house... she refused to step out and said she would eat at home," the police officer said.
"A relative, Jyoti, spotted Anuradha`s body hanging from the ceiling fan in the same room on the first floor where Geetika had committed suicide. She called Ankit Sharma (her son) and informed him," said the officer.
Delhi Police told IANS that a case of abetment to suicide has been registered against Kanda and Aruna Chaddha at the Bharat Nagar police station.
"We are also taking help of call records of Anuradha Sharma to ascertain whether Kanda, Aruna Chadha or their aides were threatening or harassing her family," Karunakarn told IANS.
The postmortem of the victim will be conducted Saturday at Babu Jagjeevan Ram Memorial hospital at around 2 p.m, an official said.
Geetika, 23, a former air hostess in the defunct MDLR airlines belonging to Kanda, had committed suicide on the intervening night of Aug 4-5, 2012 by hanging herself from a ceiling fan at her house.
She had left two suicide notes naming Kanda and Chaddha for harassing her and driving her to suicide. Both Kanda, who is the prime accused in the case for abetting the suicide of Geetika, and Chaddha, are now in judicial custody, and have denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui