Geetika Sharma’s mother suicide: FIR against Gopal Kanda, Aruna Chaddha
New Delhi: Delhi Police have registered a case against former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha in connection with former air hostess Geetika Sharma`s mother suicide case.
Geetika Sharma’s mother Anuradha Sharma, in her fifties, committed suicide on Friday. She took the extreme step by hanging herself from a ceiling fan at her residence in Ashok Vihar in north-west Delhi.
Anuradha left a suicide note naming Kanda and Aruna - the same mentioned by Geetika as responsible for her suicide - for her death.
An FIR was registered in connection with Anuradha`s death and there was no clarity on whether fresh charges will be filed against Kanda and Chaddha.
A senior police official said she was found hanging from a ceiling fan and a police team, which arrived immediately after it got a call, recovered the body.
He said Sharma was found dead by a relative who informed her son Ankit Sharma after which he rushed to their residence.
Anuradha Sharma`s husband blamed Kanda for his wife`s death. "He killed my daughter and now he has taken the life of my wife as well," he alleged. Other family members also alleged that the family was being pressurised by Kanda and his aides after Geetika`s suicide.
Police said a suicide note has been recovered from the spot. In the suicide note, Anuradha said she was under depression ever since her daughter`s death and blamed Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha for her daughter`s death.
Geetika, 23, a former air hostess in the defunct MDLR airlines belonging to Kanda, had committed suicide on the intervening night of Aug 4-5, 2012 by hanging herself from a ceiling fan at her house.
She had also left two suicide notes naming Kanda and Chaddha for harassing her and driving her to suicide.
Both Kanda, who is the prime accused in the case for abetting the suicide of Geetika, and Chaddha are now in judicial custody and have denied the allegations.
Charges of criminal intimidation and abetment to suicide were slapped on Kanda and Chaddha after Geetika`s suicide.
Kanda was arrested Aug 18, 2012 after he surrendered at north Delhi`s Ashok Vihar police station while Chaddha was apprehended Aug 8, 2012.
Police filed the charge sheet Oct 6, 2012.
The Delhi High Court had rejected the bail plea of Kanda on Nov 19, 2012 and Chaddha on Dec 3, 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny
- Mother Teresa's canonisation portends more conversions: VHP