Geetika suicide: Aruna Chaddha`s judicial custody extended till Sept 11
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Thursday extended till September 11 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda`s employee Aruna Chaddha, accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) Devender Kumar Jangala remanded Chaddha to 12-days judicial custody after the police said that the investigation in the case is still going on.
Chaddha was produced in the court after expiry of her 14- day judicial custody. The police had failed twice to secure the custody of 40-year-old Chaddha as the investigators were unable to give fresh and cogent reasons to the court for her custodial interrogation.
She had remained in police custody for eight days. Police had again sought her custody to confront her with case`s key accused Kanda, who is also in judicial custody till September 11, and the documents recovered at the behest of the former Haryana minister after his arrest and custodial interrogation.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 when she was called by the police for questioning and was later sent to judicial custody on August 16 for 14 days.
Kanda was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, almost 13 days after former air hostess Geetika Sharma was found hanging in her flat on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi. He remained in police custody for a total of 10 days.
In the suicide note found at her residence, 23-year-old Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and now-defunct airlines MDLR official Aruna Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
Earlier, the police had told the court that the e-mail sent to Geetika intimating her about extradition proceedings against her in Dubai was drafted by Chaddha and sent to her by another MDLR employee named Shivroop.
It had said that the probe and raid at MDLR office had revealed the extradition mail was sent by an e-mail ID created in the name of one Al Bashir, purportedly an Emirates Airline employee.
The probe has brought out that assistant manager at MDLR, Shivroop, had created fake mail ID in the name of Al Bashir, it had said.
The police had said that Kanda was evasive in his answers and the investigators had sought his custody to recover his and Geetika`s mobile phones and missing hard disk of his computer installed at his house.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack