Geetika suicide: BJP-HJC demands CBI probe
Chandigarh: Opposition BJP and Haryana Janhit Congress on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into the case of alleged suicide of a former air hostess in which a former Haryana Minister has been booked.
Arguing that former minister Gopal Kanda might use his political clout to escape the law, a delegation of senior leaders from the two parties met Governor Jagannath Pahadia and submitted a memorandum demanding immediate dismissal of the Bhupinder Singh Hooda government in the wake of a "series of scandals that have rocked the government".
"We also demanded that Kanda`s membership as MLA should be terminated. We also want a CBI probe into the abetment to suicide case to ensure a fair probe because the accused may try to use his clout to influence the police.
"We also want a DNA test to be conducted on Kanda with regard to the allegations that have been made by the victim in her suicide note," former Ambala MP and BJP`s state unit spokesman, Rattan Lal Kataria said.
23-year-old former air hostess Geetika Sharma, who quit Kanda`s company recently, allegedly committed suicide at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi, depressed over continuing mental harassment allegedly by 46-year-old Kanda.
Kanda, an independent MLA from Sirsa, resigned as Haryana`s Minister of State for Home Affairs, Urban Bodies and Industry and Commerce, on Sunday evening.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad