Geetika suicide case: Aruna`s custody extended by a day
New Delhi: The police custody of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in the ex-airhostess Geetika Sharma`s suicide case, was on Sunday extended by a day by a Delhi court after the police said it has recently recovered an e-mail in which Sharma talked about her will to build career by her own.
The police told the court that it has recently recovered an e-mail written by Geetika to Chaddha where she had said.."I will build my career on my own..No matter how many obstacles one puts in my way."
Additional public prosecutor Rajiv Mohan argued the e-mail goes to show that Geetika was being forced to join MDLR by Chaddha and that the word "one" refers to the prime accused, former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda.
"The mail shows that Kanda was creating obstacles in her way by persuasions, allurements and even threats to keep her in MDLR even as she wanted to get out of it," the APP told the court.
He also said that police was yet to recover electronic records of MDLR which could be accessed by Chaddha with the passwords which are in her knowledge.
The prosecutor said certain documents related to the government authorities recovered from Geetika`s mail are yet to be verified.
The documents showed that certain extradition proceedings
had been initiated against Geetika in Dubai and the police are yet to check its authenticity.
Metropolitan Magistrate Sumedh Kumar Sethi extended Chaddha`s custody till August 13 even as police sought a five-day custody.
Advocate B S Rana, who appeared for Chaddha, opposed the plea for police custody saying presence of the accused is no more required for recovering any documents.
He also argued that police is seeking her custody only to "fabricate" evidence against her.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 after she was called in for questioning by the police, while Kanda ignored police summons to him to appear before them after rejection of his request for more time made through his counsel.
Kanda evaded arrest for the fifth day today. Police teams, which have searched his premises in Haryana and Delhi, drew a blank.
Geetika Sharma (23), a former air hostess with Kanda`s MDLR airline, had alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Chaddha. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid