Geetika suicide case: Kanda aide turns approver
New Delhi: In a significant development related to air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, a close aide of the jailed former Haryana minister and prime accused Gopal Kanda has turned approver for the police.
Reports, Thursday, claimed that Kanda’s former employee Chand Shivroop has told the Delhi Court that he was forced by the minister to write threatening mails to Geetika.
Shivroop said that Kanda wanted his support in intimidating the former air hostess and threatened to sack him if he didn`t agree.
Shivroop is also a co-accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Delhi Police have recorded Shivroop’s statement under section 164 CrPC (recording of confessions and statements) in the court.
Shivroop has been accused of sending threatening emails to Geetika that she would face criminal charges by the Dubai government if she filed to pay back a loan.
He is said to have visited Dubai and told Emirate Airlines, where Geetika worked after leaving Kanda’s now-defunct MDLR Airline, that she had forged documents in her application to get the job. Kanda is also accused of forging an experience certificate and giving it to Geetika Sharma.
The former minister is also accused of sexually exploiting her.
The 23-year-old air hostess had committed suicide on the night of August 4-5 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area. In her suicide note, she had accused Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha of harassing and forcing her to kill herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Eleven Turkish police killed in bombing blamed on PKK
- Haryana govt asks probe officer to stop working on second report into Jat agitation
- Sister aka stylist Rhea Kapoor speaks about Sonam's fashion secrets
- Overhaul Indian sports bodies and de-link from Political patronage to overcome Rio fiasco: CPI-M
- Fawad Khan has short yet pivotal role in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil': Karan Johar