Geetika suicide case: Kanda aide turns approver
New Delhi: In a significant development related to air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, a close aide of the jailed former Haryana minister and prime accused Gopal Kanda has turned approver for the police.
Reports, Thursday, claimed that Kanda’s former employee Chand Shivroop has told the Delhi Court that he was forced by the minister to write threatening mails to Geetika.
Shivroop said that Kanda wanted his support in intimidating the former air hostess and threatened to sack him if he didn`t agree.
Shivroop is also a co-accused in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Delhi Police have recorded Shivroop’s statement under section 164 CrPC (recording of confessions and statements) in the court.
Shivroop has been accused of sending threatening emails to Geetika that she would face criminal charges by the Dubai government if she filed to pay back a loan.
He is said to have visited Dubai and told Emirate Airlines, where Geetika worked after leaving Kanda’s now-defunct MDLR Airline, that she had forged documents in her application to get the job. Kanda is also accused of forging an experience certificate and giving it to Geetika Sharma.
The former minister is also accused of sexually exploiting her.
The 23-year-old air hostess had committed suicide on the night of August 4-5 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area. In her suicide note, she had accused Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha of harassing and forcing her to kill herself.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Sensex slips from 11-month high ahead of Fed, BoJ meets
- AN 32 one of safest aircraft with IAF, says Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis seeks justice for Narsingh Yadav, amidst doping row
- India finds promising natural gas hydrates in Bay of Bengal
- Borussia Dortmund deny reports of Manchester City's EUR 70 million bid for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang