Geetika suicide case: Kanda, Chadha custody extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday extended till October 17 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his employee Aruna Chadha, who are accused of abetting the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala, while extending the custody of Kanda and Chadha, a former official of Kanda`s now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked, has listed the matter for scrutiny of document of the charge sheet till October 17.
Police filed the chargesheet on October 06.
Meanwhile, Chadha moved her bail application before the district and additional session judge. The court has listed the bail plea for hearing on October 15.
Kanda was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika`s suicide. He was arrested on August 18.
Geetika, 23, died on the night of August 04-05 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area. Her two suicide notes named Kanda and Chadha for harassing her and driving her to suicide.
Both have denied the allegations.
After Kanda`s airlines ceased to function in 2009, Geetika was given another assignment in the group owned by him.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: America standing against old nemesis Russia rather than ISIS
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know