Geetika suicide case: Kanda, Chadha custody extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday extended till October 17 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his employee Aruna Chadha, who are accused of abetting the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala, while extending the custody of Kanda and Chadha, a former official of Kanda`s now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked, has listed the matter for scrutiny of document of the charge sheet till October 17.
Police filed the chargesheet on October 06.
Meanwhile, Chadha moved her bail application before the district and additional session judge. The court has listed the bail plea for hearing on October 15.
Kanda was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika`s suicide. He was arrested on August 18.
Geetika, 23, died on the night of August 04-05 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area. Her two suicide notes named Kanda and Chadha for harassing her and driving her to suicide.
Both have denied the allegations.
After Kanda`s airlines ceased to function in 2009, Geetika was given another assignment in the group owned by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?