Geetika suicide case: Kanda, Chadha custody extended
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday extended till October 17 the judicial custody of former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and his employee Aruna Chadha, who are accused of abetting the suicide of former flight attendant Geetika Sharma.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala, while extending the custody of Kanda and Chadha, a former official of Kanda`s now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika worked, has listed the matter for scrutiny of document of the charge sheet till October 17.
Police filed the chargesheet on October 06.
Meanwhile, Chadha moved her bail application before the district and additional session judge. The court has listed the bail plea for hearing on October 15.
Kanda was forced to resign as minister of state for home and urban local bodies in Haryana in the face of public outcry over Geetika`s suicide. He was arrested on August 18.
Geetika, 23, died on the night of August 04-05 at her house in Delhi`s Ashok Vihar area. Her two suicide notes named Kanda and Chadha for harassing her and driving her to suicide.
Both have denied the allegations.
After Kanda`s airlines ceased to function in 2009, Geetika was given another assignment in the group owned by him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy