Geetika suicide case: `Kanda may undergo brain mapping test`
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Monday appeared mulling the option of brain mapping test on former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda who is refusing to cooperate in the probe in connection with the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Kanda had on Saturday morning surrendered before police after evading arrest for 10 days. Sharma, a former employee of his now defunct MDLR airline, accused him and another senior colleague Aruna Chaddha of harassing her.
Police sources said Kanda has been evasive during questioning and denied any involvement with 23-year-old Sharma.
When asked whether police will subject him to brain mapping, Deputy Commissioner of Police (North-West) P Karunakaran said, "If required, we will do that. We will take him to all places where we feel probe is required."
He said nothing has come out yet and "if there is something I will tell you”.
Karunakaran said Kanda was telling them that he was in Sirsa in the past ten days before his surrender. "He is not cooperating," he said.
Police also plan to confront Kanda with Chaddha, in a bid to piece together the sequence of events that resulted in the suicide of Geetika who was found dead in her north west Delhi residence on August 05.
Investigators have seized computers from the Gurgaon office of Kanda.
The police team seized computers and documents from Gurgaon office of Kanda, who was sent to seven-day police custody by a local court yesterday.
The team stayed there for three hours and later took Kanda to his Civil Lines residence for further probe in the matter.
The sources said they were looking for hard disks of some computers which may help in further investigations.
The post mortem report of Geetika said she died of hanging and the ligature mark is ante-mortem in nature.
"Sealed samples of vaginal and anal swabs along with slides were preserved for semen and DNA profiling and handed over to the police," the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced on May 28
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow