Geetika suicide: Court notice to police on Aruna Chadha`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notice to the city police on the bail plea of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former flight attendant Geetika Sharma`s suicide.
Justice Pratibha Rani sought response from police and posted the matter for Dec 3.
Chadha was an official of the now defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika too was an employee.
She was arrested Aug 8 and the trial court rejected her bail plea Oct 15.
Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda is the prime accused in the case.
Geetika, 23, accused Kanda and Chadha in a note of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. She died on the intervening night of Aug 4-5 at her house in New Delhi. Both Kanda and Chadha have denied the allegations.
Charges of criminal intimidation and abetment to suicide were slapped on Kanda and Chadha after Geetika`s suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket