Geetika suicide: Court notice to police on Aruna Chadha`s bail plea
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Friday issued notice to the city police on the bail plea of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former flight attendant Geetika Sharma`s suicide.
Justice Pratibha Rani sought response from police and posted the matter for Dec 3.
Chadha was an official of the now defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika too was an employee.
She was arrested Aug 8 and the trial court rejected her bail plea Oct 15.
Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda is the prime accused in the case.
Geetika, 23, accused Kanda and Chadha in a note of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. She died on the intervening night of Aug 4-5 at her house in New Delhi. Both Kanda and Chadha have denied the allegations.
Charges of criminal intimidation and abetment to suicide were slapped on Kanda and Chadha after Geetika`s suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days