Geetika suicide: Gopal Kanda says he is victim of conspiracy
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, arrested in connection with the suicide of his former employee, on Saturday claimed innocence and said he was a victim of a conspiracy.
"Some politicians are doing this to malign me. They are misguiding media. Truth will come out," Kanda told reporters before being taken to court as his police remand ended on Saturday.
Kanda surrendered before police last Saturday after evading them for 11 days following registration of abetment to suicide case against him.
His former employee Geetika Sharma committed suicide on August 5 alleging harassment by Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha, whom she claimed were pressurising her to rejoin. Chaddha is presently in judicial custody.
Investigators had claimed that the suicide notes they recovered were written on the same day though they bore two dates.
After an analysis of the notes in which Geetika alleged harassment by Kanda, police said they were written by the deceased the same night she took her life.
Confusion arose as one of the notes had a May date while the other had August date.
Investigators also said that Kanda denied all allegations against him and told them that he was not in touch with Geetika for at least 45 days before her suicide.
He also claimed that Aruna, whom Geetika had named in her note, had called her parents on her own and asked her to join duty.
Police are also in touch with Ankita whose name also appear in the note. She is out of the country and police expect to question her soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan