Geetika suicide: Gopal Kanda says he is victim of conspiracy
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda, arrested in connection with the suicide of his former employee, on Saturday claimed innocence and said he was a victim of a conspiracy.
"Some politicians are doing this to malign me. They are misguiding media. Truth will come out," Kanda told reporters before being taken to court as his police remand ended on Saturday.
Kanda surrendered before police last Saturday after evading them for 11 days following registration of abetment to suicide case against him.
His former employee Geetika Sharma committed suicide on August 5 alleging harassment by Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha, whom she claimed were pressurising her to rejoin. Chaddha is presently in judicial custody.
Investigators had claimed that the suicide notes they recovered were written on the same day though they bore two dates.
After an analysis of the notes in which Geetika alleged harassment by Kanda, police said they were written by the deceased the same night she took her life.
Confusion arose as one of the notes had a May date while the other had August date.
Investigators also said that Kanda denied all allegations against him and told them that he was not in touch with Geetika for at least 45 days before her suicide.
He also claimed that Aruna, whom Geetika had named in her note, had called her parents on her own and asked her to join duty.
Police are also in touch with Ankita whose name also appear in the note. She is out of the country and police expect to question her soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez