Geetika suicide: HC to hear Aruna Chaddha’s bail plea
New Delhi: Delhi High Court will on Friday hear bail plea of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former flight attendant Geetika Sharma`s suicide case.
Chaddha, 40, was an official of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked.
She has sought bail saying that she had a seven-year-old daughter and old parents to look after.
Chaddha pleaded to the court that she was the sole bread earner of her family.
"Applicant (Chaddha) has old and ailing parents (father 71 years and mother 63 years) and both are suffering from heart and other ailments," the plea said.
She claimed that the material collected by police did not show that she was involved in abetting Geetika`s suicide.
"The bare perusal of the FIR (first information report) and the material collected by the investigating agency does not show that the applicant is involved in any manner in the abetment of suicide or its conspiracy."
Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who employed Chaddha and Geetika, is the prime accused in the case.
Geetika, 23, in her suicide notes accused Kanda and Chaddha of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. She died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in New Delhi. Both Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
Charges of criminal intimidation and abetment to suicide were slapped on Kanda and Chaddha over the suicide.
The trial court Sep 7 rejected Chaddha`s bail plea. She was arrested Aug 8 and has been in judicial custody since then.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- Big clash of 2016: Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' head on with Prabhas and SS Rajamouli's 'Baahubali 2' at the Box Office?