Geetika suicide: HC to hear Aruna Chaddha’s bail plea
New Delhi: Delhi High Court will on Friday hear bail plea of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in former flight attendant Geetika Sharma`s suicide case.
Chaddha, 40, was an official of the now-defunct MDLR Airlines where Geetika had worked.
She has sought bail saying that she had a seven-year-old daughter and old parents to look after.
Chaddha pleaded to the court that she was the sole bread earner of her family.
"Applicant (Chaddha) has old and ailing parents (father 71 years and mother 63 years) and both are suffering from heart and other ailments," the plea said.
She claimed that the material collected by police did not show that she was involved in abetting Geetika`s suicide.
"The bare perusal of the FIR (first information report) and the material collected by the investigating agency does not show that the applicant is involved in any manner in the abetment of suicide or its conspiracy."
Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who employed Chaddha and Geetika, is the prime accused in the case.
Geetika, 23, in her suicide notes accused Kanda and Chaddha of harassing her and forcing her to commit suicide. She died on the night of Aug 4-5 at her house in New Delhi. Both Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
Charges of criminal intimidation and abetment to suicide were slapped on Kanda and Chaddha over the suicide.
The trial court Sep 7 rejected Chaddha`s bail plea. She was arrested Aug 8 and has been in judicial custody since then.
With IANS inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- SC asks Haryana Police to quickly finish AIPMT paper leak probe