Geetika suicide: Police to question Nupur Mehta
New Delhi: Starlet and employee of defunct MDLR Airlines, Nupur Mehta, is expected to be questioned by the Delhi Police in the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Nupur was working as vice-president in MDLR, an aviation company of key accused former Haryana minister Gopal Singh Kanda.
Meanwhile, Kanda will undergo a medical test at the Babu Jagjivan Ram Hospital today.
Kanda was sent to seven-day police custody on August 18 following his surrender and subsequent arrest and as a part of the probe, he was taken to various places, including his offices in Haryana from where the Delhi Police claimed to have recovered certain documents including various electronic devices.
Delhi Police had earlier on Tuesday failed to get the custody of Aruna Chaddha to confront her with fresh documents recovered at the behest of Gopal Kanda, former Haryana Minister and key accused in Geetika Sharma suicide case.
A Delhi Court yesterday dismissed the police`s plea for a two-day police custody of MDLR official and Kanda`s employee Chaddha.
The police had in its application said they have recovered fresh facts and documents with which they want to confront Chaddha.
The court then remanded Chaddha to judicial custody till August 30. Chaddha was arrested on August 8 when she was called by the police for questioning and was later sent to judicial custody on August 16 for 14 days.
Geetika Sharma (23), a former airhostess with Kanda`s MDLR Airline, had alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and Chaddha.
Both Kanda and Chaddha have, however, denied the allegations so far.
(With Agency inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest