Geetika suicide: Raid at MDLR office, Kanda elusive 5th day
Gurgaon/New Delhi: The office of the MDLR group in Gurgaon was on Sunday raided by Delhi police in the ex-airhostess Geetika Sharma suicide case even as the prime accused and former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda remained elusive for the fifth day.
The police custody of Aruna Chaddha, an accused in the case, was meanwhile extended by a day at Delhi court after the police claimed it has recently recovered an e-mail in which Geetika is stated to have talked about her wish to build a career on her own.
A Delhi police team took Aruna along with it during the raid at MDLR office and seized various documents and scanned computers, sources said.
The team which also comprised some women police officers remained at the four-storey office building at the posh Sector 15 in Gurgaon for around two hours.
Apparently depressed over continuous mental harassment allegedly by Kanda, 23-year-old Sharma took the extreme step at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi.
In her suicide note, Sharma, who quit Kanda`s company recently, accused the former minister of torturing her mentally after she left the job.
The Delhi police told the court that it has recently recovered an e-mail written by Geetika to Chaddha where she had said.."I will build my career on my own..No matter how many obstacles one puts in my way."
Additional public prosecutor Rajiv Mohan argued the e-mail goes to show that Geetika was being forced to join MDLR by Chaddha and claimed that that the word "one" refers to Kanda.
"The mail shows that Kanda was creating obstacles in her way by persuasions, allurements and even threats to keep her in MDLR even as she wanted to get out of it," the APP told Metropolitan Magistrate Sumedh Kumar Sethi.
Advocate B S Rana, who appeared for Chaddha, opposed the plea for police custody, saying presence of the accused is no more required for recovering any documents.
He also argued that police is seeking her custody only to "fabricate" evidence against her.
Chaddha was arrested on August 8 after she was called in for questioning by the police, while Kanda ignored police summons to him to appear before them after rejection of his request for more time made through his counsel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi