Geetika suicide: WCD ministry examining NCW report
New Delhi: The Ministry of Women and Child Development is examining the National Commission for Women`s report on the suicide of former airhostess Geetika Sharma in which former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda stands accused.
Talking to reporters here, WCD minister Krishna Tirath said she had received a report from the NCW running into several pages.
"I have received the report but it will take me a little time before I can go through it. It is only after I can go through it that it will be possible for me to comment on it," she said.
The NCW carried out its own enquiry into the suicide of Geetika, former airhostess of Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airline. NCW chief Mamata Sharma had gone to meet her family on August 09 and assured assistance.
Tirath also said she was considering working on a plan under which the functioning of the NCW can be reviewed and the complaints that are made can be disposed of faster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley