Geetika suicide: WCD ministry examining NCW report
New Delhi: The Ministry of Women and Child Development is examining the National Commission for Women`s report on the suicide of former airhostess Geetika Sharma in which former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda stands accused.
Talking to reporters here, WCD minister Krishna Tirath said she had received a report from the NCW running into several pages.
"I have received the report but it will take me a little time before I can go through it. It is only after I can go through it that it will be possible for me to comment on it," she said.
The NCW carried out its own enquiry into the suicide of Geetika, former airhostess of Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airline. NCW chief Mamata Sharma had gone to meet her family on August 09 and assured assistance.
Tirath also said she was considering working on a plan under which the functioning of the NCW can be reviewed and the complaints that are made can be disposed of faster.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai