Geetika suicide: WCD ministry examining NCW report
New Delhi: The Ministry of Women and Child Development is examining the National Commission for Women`s report on the suicide of former airhostess Geetika Sharma in which former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda stands accused.
Talking to reporters here, WCD minister Krishna Tirath said she had received a report from the NCW running into several pages.
"I have received the report but it will take me a little time before I can go through it. It is only after I can go through it that it will be possible for me to comment on it," she said.
The NCW carried out its own enquiry into the suicide of Geetika, former airhostess of Kanda`s now defunct MDLR airline. NCW chief Mamata Sharma had gone to meet her family on August 09 and assured assistance.
Tirath also said she was considering working on a plan under which the functioning of the NCW can be reviewed and the complaints that are made can be disposed of faster.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security