‘Geetika told to report to Kanda every evening in MDLR’
New Delhi: Absconding ex-Haryana minister Gopal Kanda while appointing suicide victim Geetika Sharma as a director in his MDLR group had set a condition that she report to him every day in the evening, a local court was told on Monday.
Additional Public prosecutor Rajiv Mohan made this submission before the court while alleging that attempts are being made to destroy the vital evidence in the Geetika Sharma suicide case in which Kanda is the prime accused. Kanda evaded arrest for the sixth day today.
The court, meanwhile, extended by another three days the police custody of Kanda`s key aide Aruna Chaddha in the suicide case.
"It has come to our knowledge that since the day Kanda has been absconding, attempts have been made to destroy records of the company (MDLR). So we have to recover them as early as possible with the help of Chaddha," said Mohan.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) D K Jangala extended Chaddha`s police custody, while directing the investigating agency to "swiftly complete the custodial investigation" within the time granted for police remand.
Seeking extension of police custody for Chaddha, Mohan told the court that many records of the company are being destroyed since Kanda has been "absconding."
The police also said in January 2011, when Geetika had rejoined the MDLR group as a director, she was asked to report to the managing director (Kanda) "every evening."
"In January 2011, Geetika joined the company as a director without having any shareholding in the company, and one of the service conditions in her appointment letter was that she was to report to the MD every day in the evening hours," the prosecutor said.
The police said Chaddha is the only person through whom the firm records can be recovered as Kanda is still on run.
Geetika Sharma (23), a former air hostess with Kanda`s MDLR airline, had alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Chaddha. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India