‘Geetika told to report to Kanda every evening in MDLR’
New Delhi: Absconding ex-Haryana minister Gopal Kanda while appointing suicide victim Geetika Sharma as a director in his MDLR group had set a condition that she report to him every day in the evening, a local court was told on Monday.
Additional Public prosecutor Rajiv Mohan made this submission before the court while alleging that attempts are being made to destroy the vital evidence in the Geetika Sharma suicide case in which Kanda is the prime accused. Kanda evaded arrest for the sixth day today.
The court, meanwhile, extended by another three days the police custody of Kanda`s key aide Aruna Chaddha in the suicide case.
"It has come to our knowledge that since the day Kanda has been absconding, attempts have been made to destroy records of the company (MDLR). So we have to recover them as early as possible with the help of Chaddha," said Mohan.
Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate (ACMM) D K Jangala extended Chaddha`s police custody, while directing the investigating agency to "swiftly complete the custodial investigation" within the time granted for police remand.
Seeking extension of police custody for Chaddha, Mohan told the court that many records of the company are being destroyed since Kanda has been "absconding."
The police also said in January 2011, when Geetika had rejoined the MDLR group as a director, she was asked to report to the managing director (Kanda) "every evening."
"In January 2011, Geetika joined the company as a director without having any shareholding in the company, and one of the service conditions in her appointment letter was that she was to report to the MD every day in the evening hours," the prosecutor said.
The police said Chaddha is the only person through whom the firm records can be recovered as Kanda is still on run.
Geetika Sharma (23), a former air hostess with Kanda`s MDLR airline, had alleged in her suicide note that she was ending her life due to harassment by Kanda and MDLR official Chaddha. Kanda and Chaddha have denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow