Geetika wanted to marry Kanda: Aruna Chadha
New Delhi: Aruna Chadha, facing prosecution along with former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda in former air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, has said in a statement that Geetika had been pressing Kanda to marry her but he avoided it.
In her statement to the police, Chadha claimed that Kanda had “illicit relationship” with Geetika and he was pressuring wanted to continue with it. However, Geetika was not comfortable with the relationship and had been putting pressure on Kanda to marry her.
Geetika had named Aruna along with Kanda in her suicide note and blamed them for her death.
“Geetika was asking for solemnisation of marriage which was being avoided by Gopal Goyal Kanda on one pretext or the other. Geetika was also strongly against the relationship of Kanda with another woman, namely Ankita, based in Goa. On the instance of Kanda, sometimes I used to (urge) her not to pressurise him for immediate marriage,” reads the statement, accessed by The Indian Express.
Chadha said that Geetika was angry at Kanda for refusing to marry her and had refused to go to MDLR office overt the same.
In a bid to put pressure on Geetika, Kanda had demanded the money he gave to her for pursuing MBA be retuned back, Chadha further said.
“Geetika was being pressurised to return the sponsorship given by the MDLR group for her MBA course and resignation from the presidentship of an education society formed recently to run schools. Geetika was not willing to do so. She was not willing to meet Gopal Kanda as the marriage was not solemnised,” the news report quoting her statement said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note