Geetika`s autopsy report leak: Police fails to find source
New Delhi: Delhi Police has failed to find out the source of leakage of autopsy report of former airhostess Geetika Sharma to the media, an inquiry report placed before a court here by the force indicated.
"It is possible that unsigned portion had been leaked before it reached police, court or any other public officer," the police said in its inquiry report filed in the court of Additional Chief Metropolitan Magistrate DK Jangala.
It also said that due to non-cooperation of the media in the inquiry, the source of leakage could not be ascertained.
The inquiry report was filed by DCP (northwest) in compliance of the court’s August 21 order directing Joint Commissioner of Police (Northern Range) to conduct an enquiry regarding the leak of post-mortem report to the media and file his report.
"It has come to the notice of this court that the findings of postmortem report of deceased Geetika Sharma, which were very personal in nature has been published by the media despite stated to be in a sealed cover by the Investigating Officer," the ACMM had said while directing inquiry in the matter.
Geetika was found dead on August 5 at her Ashok Vihar residence in north-west Delhi. In her suicide note, she had alleged that former Haryana Home Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda and one of the MDLR employees Aruna Chaddha were harassing her to rejoin him firm after she left the job.
Geetika`s post-mortem report suggested she had physical relations for a long time.
The DCP told the court in the report that newspaper clippings of print media and video clippings from electronic media from August 6 to 28 were collected and examined.
The police said it had asked the reporters and editors of various newspapers and news channels which were found to have published or showed Geetika`s autopsy report to provide the edited or unedited copies of the post-mortem report in their possession or the video clips but none of them joined the inquiry.
The DCP also said that chairperson of News Broadcasting Standards Authority and that of the Press Council of India were requested on September 10 to direct the editors of concerned newspapers and news channels to assist in the inquiry.
The report also said that "many mediapersons did not join the inquiry despite knowing the fact that the enquiry is being conducted on behalf of the court.
"Due to non-availability of edited/ unedited footage/ copies of the post-mortem report and non-cooperation of mediapersons it is not possible to conclusively ascertain the sources of leakage," it said,
The police in its report also said it has examined as witness some members of the medical board which conducted autopsy on Geetika`s body on August 6 and they have claimed that they did not handover the report to any person.
Both Kanda and Chadha are currently in judicial custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India