Geetika’s family questioned, Kanda to be grilled
New Delhi: Haryana`s controversial ex-Minister of State for Home Gopal Kanda will be grilled by Delhi Police on Monday in connection with the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Gopal Kanda, an Independent MLA from Sirsa, had resigned yesterday from the Bhupinder Singh Hooda cabinet after a case was registered against him in connection with suicide of the young woman.
Delhi Police has registered a case of abetment to suicide against Kanda and Aruna Chaddha, a manager with Kanda`s firm, as they were named by Geetika in her suicide note.
Reports said today that Kunda will be questioned at his Gurgaon residence.
Geetika Sharma, a 23-year-old former employee of now defunct MDLR airline allegedly committed suicide at her residence on Saturday night. She had left behind a suicide note in which she had accused Kanda and Chaddha of torturing her and named him as the reason for her taking the extreme step.
Geetika had quit Kanda`s company recently to pursue MBA. As per the suicide note, Kanda was torturing her mentally after she left her job in his company and was pressurising her to join his firm again.
The Delhi Police is also recording the statements of the family members of the victim. They have also seized a mobile phone, laptop and diary which can spill out many secrets regarding the case, sources said.
Pos-mortem report is also being awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends