Geetika’s family questioned, Kanda to be grilled
New Delhi: Haryana`s controversial ex-Minister of State for Home Gopal Kanda will be grilled by Delhi Police on Monday in connection with the Geetika Sharma suicide case.
Gopal Kanda, an Independent MLA from Sirsa, had resigned yesterday from the Bhupinder Singh Hooda cabinet after a case was registered against him in connection with suicide of the young woman.
Delhi Police has registered a case of abetment to suicide against Kanda and Aruna Chaddha, a manager with Kanda`s firm, as they were named by Geetika in her suicide note.
Reports said today that Kunda will be questioned at his Gurgaon residence.
Geetika Sharma, a 23-year-old former employee of now defunct MDLR airline allegedly committed suicide at her residence on Saturday night. She had left behind a suicide note in which she had accused Kanda and Chaddha of torturing her and named him as the reason for her taking the extreme step.
Geetika had quit Kanda`s company recently to pursue MBA. As per the suicide note, Kanda was torturing her mentally after she left her job in his company and was pressurising her to join his firm again.
The Delhi Police is also recording the statements of the family members of the victim. They have also seized a mobile phone, laptop and diary which can spill out many secrets regarding the case, sources said.
Pos-mortem report is also being awaited.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far