Geetika’s mother suicide case: Cops may question Kanda, Chadha today
New Delhi: Delhi police is likely to question Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda and his aide Aruna Chadha on Monday, three days after Anuradha Sharma, mother of air-hostess Geetika Sharma, committed suicide at her residence in Ashok Vihar.
Delhi Police had questioned Geetika’s father Dinesh, her brother, Ankit, and some of her relatives on Sunday, as per reports.
Anuradha Sharma, in her fifties, committed suicide on Friday evening by hanging herself from a ceiling fan at her residence in Ashok Vihar in north-west Delhi.
The family blamed Kanda for the death of Anuradha and Geetika, the former air-hostess who ended her life alleging harassment by the MLA six months ago.
Geetika Sharma committed suicide in August last year in her Ashok Vihar residence alleging harassment by former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda and a senior colleague Aruna Chaddha, who were arrested by Delhi Police later.
The sitting Haryana MLA was arrested on August 18 after he had surrendered before the police, 13 days after Geetika was found dead.
In her August 4 suicide note, 23-year-old Geetika had said she was ending her life due to "harassment" by Kanda and Chaddha. Both Kanda and Chaddha have been accused of abetting Geetika`s suicide.
However, Kanda has been reiterating before the court that no case of abeting suicide is made out against him and that Geetika was "hypersensitive" and the extreme act on her part was that of a "confused and frustrated individual.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!