‘Geetika`s notes written on same day, but bore 2 dates`
New Delhi: Investigators on Thursday claimed that the suicide notes they recovered from Geetika Sharma were written on the same day though they bore different dates.
After an analysis of the notes in which Geetika alleged harassment by former Haryana minister Gopal Kanda, police said they were written by the deceased the same night she allegedly took her life.
There was confusion after one of the notes had a May date while the other had August date.
Geetika had allegedly took her life on August 5 in her Ashok Vihar residence alleging that Kanda and his aide Aruna Chaddha harassed her.
Investigators also said Kanda denied all allegations against him and told them that he was not in touch with Geetika for at least 45 days before her suicide.
He also claimed that Chaddha, whom Geetika had named in her note, had called her parents on her own and asked her to join duty.
Police are also in touch with Ankita whose name also appear in the note. She is out of the country and police expect to question her soon.
Another Kanda staffer Shivroop, who allegedly sent the forged emails to Geetika threatening her, was being questioned.
Police had yesterday said they were planning to slap a fresh charge of destruction of evidence against Kanda and question an actress Nupur Mehta who worked with the deceased in his firm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks