German student molested, robbed in Delhi
New Delhi: A 23-year-old management student from Germany was molested and robbed by two auto-rickshaw drivers here last week, police said Friday.
The incident occurred when the student was returning to her home in south Delhi from Barakhamba Road area of central Delhi March 8.
near Max Muller Bhawan to reach her rented accommodation in Greater Kailash.
On the way, the auto-rickshaw driver halted the vehicle on the pretext of searching for some tools which, he said, were kept beneath the rear seat and then began touching her indecently.
In the meantime, another auto-rickshaw arrived there, its driver snatched her purse and sped away.
She told police that she chased the vehicle some distance but gave up. By the time she returned, the auto in which she was travelling was also gone.
Police said a case was registered Wednesday and search was on to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- PM Modi pays tribute to Chandra Shekhar Azad, Bal Gangadhar Tilak on birth anniversaries
- Did Indian Air Force's AN-32 plane vanish due to catastrophic accident?
- Doomed EgyptAir flight broke up midair after fire: Report
- Pokemon Go daily used twice as much as Facebook
- Virat Kohli: Five incredible records set by India captain during 200-run knock