German student molested, robbed in Delhi
New Delhi: A 23-year-old management student from Germany was molested and robbed by two auto-rickshaw drivers here last week, police said Friday.
The incident occurred when the student was returning to her home in south Delhi from Barakhamba Road area of central Delhi March 8.
near Max Muller Bhawan to reach her rented accommodation in Greater Kailash.
On the way, the auto-rickshaw driver halted the vehicle on the pretext of searching for some tools which, he said, were kept beneath the rear seat and then began touching her indecently.
In the meantime, another auto-rickshaw arrived there, its driver snatched her purse and sped away.
She told police that she chased the vehicle some distance but gave up. By the time she returned, the auto in which she was travelling was also gone.
Police said a case was registered Wednesday and search was on to nab the accused.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan