Get to masterminds of attacks, Kejriwal tells police
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday told Delhi Police to track down those masterminding attacks on him, and reiterated his refusal to accept the security cover he is entitled to.
"Get to the masterminds and these attacks will stop," the former chief minister told police commissioner B.S. Bassi, adding the latter pledged to monitor the investigation into the attacks on Kejriwal.
Kejriwal told the media that he was not upset with the auto-rickshaw driver, Lali, who slapped him Tuesday or the 19-year-old unemployed Muslim man, Abdul Wahid, who punched him last week.
"They are not to blame," he said. "Both are from very poor families. They are being exploited (by vested interests)."
Kejriwal said he also had no grouse against security personnel who could not prevent any of the attacks on him.
He reiterated that he will not accept the security cover being offered to him by the government.
Earlier Wednesday, Kejriwal called on the auto-rickshaw driver at his house and then went to the house of the Muslim man and offered him flowers and fruits.
The latter told Kejriwal that he regretted his action and he was "mislead" by "political forces". Kejriwal said when he sought details, the man clammed up.
Kejriwal said he told Wahid, a resident of Jamia Nagar in south Delhi, not to be trapped by disgruntled politicians "who incite innocent youths for their vested interests".
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Shah Rukh Khan’s ‘Raees’ in trouble – Click here to read more
- Kapil Sharma meets 'showman' Subhash Ghai at Whistling Woods—See pic!
- Did 'Sultan' shoot disrupt Indian athletes' Olympic practice session at JLN Stadium? Here's what happened...
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan controversy: Adhyayan Suman explains why he broke his silence years after remaining tight-lipped
- Centre to release 25 declassified files related to Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose today