Get to masterminds of attacks, Kejriwal tells police
New Delhi: AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal Wednesday told Delhi Police to track down those masterminding attacks on him, and reiterated his refusal to accept the security cover he is entitled to.
"Get to the masterminds and these attacks will stop," the former chief minister told police commissioner B.S. Bassi, adding the latter pledged to monitor the investigation into the attacks on Kejriwal.
Kejriwal told the media that he was not upset with the auto-rickshaw driver, Lali, who slapped him Tuesday or the 19-year-old unemployed Muslim man, Abdul Wahid, who punched him last week.
"They are not to blame," he said. "Both are from very poor families. They are being exploited (by vested interests)."
Kejriwal said he also had no grouse against security personnel who could not prevent any of the attacks on him.
He reiterated that he will not accept the security cover being offered to him by the government.
Earlier Wednesday, Kejriwal called on the auto-rickshaw driver at his house and then went to the house of the Muslim man and offered him flowers and fruits.
The latter told Kejriwal that he regretted his action and he was "mislead" by "political forces". Kejriwal said when he sought details, the man clammed up.
Kejriwal said he told Wahid, a resident of Jamia Nagar in south Delhi, not to be trapped by disgruntled politicians "who incite innocent youths for their vested interests".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video