Ghaziabad administration forces closure of blood donation camp
Ghaziabad: District administration here on Sunday forced closure of a blood donation camp being organised by a Delhi-based NGO at Vasundhera Sector 11, as organisers had not taken permission.
Chief Medical Officer Ajay Aggarwal told PTI,"For last few months I was getting information that Delhi based organisations were holding camps in Ghaziabad district and taking collected blood to Delhi for sale."
Today, my team raided the Vasundhera Sector 11 area and found blood donation camp going on at market, he said.
The team asked for permission, and as they had not got prior node the camp was closed and blood collection units were seized, the CMO said.
"I have called the organisers to my office tomorrow for explanation," he said.
However, K Bhatia of the NGO said,"We were not aware that CMO`s permission was required. In future we will seek prior permission."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview