Ghaziabad administration forces closure of blood donation camp
Ghaziabad: District administration here on Sunday forced closure of a blood donation camp being organised by a Delhi-based NGO at Vasundhera Sector 11, as organisers had not taken permission.
Chief Medical Officer Ajay Aggarwal told PTI,"For last few months I was getting information that Delhi based organisations were holding camps in Ghaziabad district and taking collected blood to Delhi for sale."
Today, my team raided the Vasundhera Sector 11 area and found blood donation camp going on at market, he said.
The team asked for permission, and as they had not got prior node the camp was closed and blood collection units were seized, the CMO said.
"I have called the organisers to my office tomorrow for explanation," he said.
However, K Bhatia of the NGO said,"We were not aware that CMO`s permission was required. In future we will seek prior permission."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok