Ghaziabad administration forces closure of blood donation camp
Ghaziabad: District administration here on Sunday forced closure of a blood donation camp being organised by a Delhi-based NGO at Vasundhera Sector 11, as organisers had not taken permission.
Chief Medical Officer Ajay Aggarwal told PTI,"For last few months I was getting information that Delhi based organisations were holding camps in Ghaziabad district and taking collected blood to Delhi for sale."
Today, my team raided the Vasundhera Sector 11 area and found blood donation camp going on at market, he said.
The team asked for permission, and as they had not got prior node the camp was closed and blood collection units were seized, the CMO said.
"I have called the organisers to my office tomorrow for explanation," he said.
However, K Bhatia of the NGO said,"We were not aware that CMO`s permission was required. In future we will seek prior permission."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai