Ghaziabad man arrested for gambling wife
Noida: A man was on Monday booked for allegedly losing his wife during gambling in Nehru Nagar area in the Ghaziabad district, police said.
According to the complaint lodged by the woman, the accused lost her in gambling ten days ago following which the fellow gamblers reached her residence to abduct her, she said.
However, she managed to flee from the spot and later filed a complaint against her husband at the Jarcha police station in Noida.
She alleged that after few months of marriage, the accused even asked her to have a sexual relationship with her brother-in-law to which she refused only to get beaten up badly at his hands.
Further investigations are on into the case, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani