Ghaziabad rape: Constable suspended for dereliction of duty
Ghaziabad: A constable has been suspended for alleged dereliction of duty in the rape and murder case of a 6-year-old girl in Subhash Nagar area of the district.
The constable, Jamuna Prasad, who was posted at Sihani Chungi, was suspended for allegedly not taking action when the victim`s father had approached him on Wednesday evening after his daughter went missing, Superintendent of Police (city), Shiv Shankar Yadav, said.
The constable allegedly did not inform his seniors about the father`s complaint.
The girl was found dead next morning in a field along the Nandgram-Sihani Road opposite Mariam Nagar. Her postmortem report confirmed that she was raped before being killed.
To hide her identity, the assailants had disfigured her face.
Protests had erupted in the area after the body of the girl was found. Police had to lathicharge and fire teargas shells and rubber bullets to disperse protesters, due to which several people, including policemen, were injured.
Meanwhile, District Magistrate Aparna Upadhyaya today handed over a cheque for Rs 3 lakh as compensation to the victim`s family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised
- CHSE Odisha +2 Result (CHSE result 2016) Exam Results 2016 likely to be declared shortly. Check chseodisha.nic.in, orissaresults.nic.in
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal