Ghaziabad villagers protest power cuts
Ghaziabad: Enraged over unscheduled power outages since the past 15 days, villagers in Modinagar district on Wednesday staged protest outside a power sub-station here and held the staff there captive for three hours.
Locals from Sikri Khurd, Dausa Banjaarpur, Nanglaber villages accused the power department officials of lack of initiative in replacing the damaged transformer, police said.
Agitating locals assembled at power station and shouted slogans and held the executive engineer captive for three hours till the transformer was replaced and electricity supply was restored, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof