Girl confined, raped for 12 days in Delhi
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was kept confined at an unidentified place here by her former landlord`s son who raped her repeatedly for 12 days, said police on Thursday. Her attacker has been arrested and hunt is now on for a woman who played a key role in the crime, police said.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, her alleged attacker Naushaad was arrested Wednesday from east Delhi`s Shakarpur area.
"On Jan 23, the girl, who resides in Shakarpur, had gone to purchase medicines from nearby area where the accused met her and took her in his car at a secluded place," said a police officer.
"The victim met an unknown woman at the place. The woman offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives. When the victim regained consciousness, she found herself raped. Since then, she was confined to the room and raped repeatedly for 12 days," said the officer citing the victim`s complaint.
The accused left the girl in Shakarpur Sunday and threatened her with dire consequences if she told her family members or police about the incident.
After reaching the home, the victim told her family members who approached police.
After arresting Naushad, police are trying to find out the hideout of the woman who had helped the youth in the crime.
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed?
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part II
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part III
- Will reality of AgustaWestland scam be revealed? - Part IV
- Why is "Make in India" given more importance than people dying of hunger?
- VIDEO: Martin Guptill takes time off IPL; plays cricket with kids at Dharavi
- Tata group doubles published patents in 2 years to 7,000
- Watch: South Korean mom throws kids out of multi-story building on fire
- Kingfisher House auction: Lenders begin revaluation in a bid to sell it
- WATCH: From Nehra ji to Shahenshah, Sunrisers Hyderabad's India pacer has come a long way!