Girl confined, raped for 12 days in Delhi
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was kept confined at an unidentified place here by her former landlord`s son who raped her repeatedly for 12 days, said police on Thursday. Her attacker has been arrested and hunt is now on for a woman who played a key role in the crime, police said.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, her alleged attacker Naushaad was arrested Wednesday from east Delhi`s Shakarpur area.
"On Jan 23, the girl, who resides in Shakarpur, had gone to purchase medicines from nearby area where the accused met her and took her in his car at a secluded place," said a police officer.
"The victim met an unknown woman at the place. The woman offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives. When the victim regained consciousness, she found herself raped. Since then, she was confined to the room and raped repeatedly for 12 days," said the officer citing the victim`s complaint.
The accused left the girl in Shakarpur Sunday and threatened her with dire consequences if she told her family members or police about the incident.
After reaching the home, the victim told her family members who approached police.
After arresting Naushad, police are trying to find out the hideout of the woman who had helped the youth in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof