Girl confined, raped for 12 days in Delhi
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was kept confined at an unidentified place here by her former landlord`s son who raped her repeatedly for 12 days, said police Thursday.
Her attacker has been arrested and hunt is now on for a woman who played a key role in the crime, police said.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, her alleged attacker Naushaad was arrested Wednesday from east Delhi`s Shakarpur area.
"On Jan 23, the girl, who resides in Shakarpur, had gone to purchase medicines from nearby area where the accused met her and took her in his car at a secluded place," said a police officer.
"The victim met an unknown woman at the place. The woman offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives. When the victim regained consciousness, she found herself raped. Since then, she was confined to the room and raped repeatedly for 12 days," said the officer citing the victim`s complaint.
The accused left the girl in Shakarpur Sunday and threatened her with dire consequences if she told her family members or police about the incident.
After reaching the home, the victim told her family members who approached police.
After arresting Naushad, police are trying to find out the hideout of the woman who had helped the youth in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi