Girl confined, raped for 12 days in Delhi
New Delhi: An 18-year-old girl was kept confined at an unidentified place here by her former landlord`s son who raped her repeatedly for 12 days, said police Thursday.
Her attacker has been arrested and hunt is now on for a woman who played a key role in the crime, police said.
On the complaint of the victim`s family, her alleged attacker Naushaad was arrested Wednesday from east Delhi`s Shakarpur area.
"On Jan 23, the girl, who resides in Shakarpur, had gone to purchase medicines from nearby area where the accused met her and took her in his car at a secluded place," said a police officer.
"The victim met an unknown woman at the place. The woman offered her a cold drink laced with sedatives. When the victim regained consciousness, she found herself raped. Since then, she was confined to the room and raped repeatedly for 12 days," said the officer citing the victim`s complaint.
The accused left the girl in Shakarpur Sunday and threatened her with dire consequences if she told her family members or police about the incident.
After reaching the home, the victim told her family members who approached police.
After arresting Naushad, police are trying to find out the hideout of the woman who had helped the youth in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi