Girl jumps to death from Pragati Maidan Metro station
New Delhi: A 19-year-old girl allegedly jumped to death from a Metro station in central Delhi on Wednesday evening, police said.
The incident was reported from Pragati Maidan station at around 6pm and the deceased has been identified as Asha Sharma, a resident of Madangir.
She was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where she was declared brought dead.
Sharma was identified by her voter ID card in her purse.
No suicide note has been found and police is ascertaining the reason why the girl took the extreme step.
A senior police official said they will get the CCTV footage from the metro station to trace the sequence of the events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez