Girl jumps to death from Pragati Maidan Metro station
New Delhi: A 19-year-old girl allegedly jumped to death from a Metro station in central Delhi on Wednesday evening, police said.
The incident was reported from Pragati Maidan station at around 6pm and the deceased has been identified as Asha Sharma, a resident of Madangir.
She was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where she was declared brought dead.
Sharma was identified by her voter ID card in her purse.
No suicide note has been found and police is ascertaining the reason why the girl took the extreme step.
A senior police official said they will get the CCTV footage from the metro station to trace the sequence of the events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown