Girl jumps to death from Pragati Maidan Metro station
New Delhi: A 19-year-old girl allegedly jumped to death from a Metro station in central Delhi on Wednesday evening, police said.
The incident was reported from Pragati Maidan station at around 6pm and the deceased has been identified as Asha Sharma, a resident of Madangir.
She was taken to Ram Manohar Lohia hospital where she was declared brought dead.
Sharma was identified by her voter ID card in her purse.
No suicide note has been found and police is ascertaining the reason why the girl took the extreme step.
A senior police official said they will get the CCTV footage from the metro station to trace the sequence of the events.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony