Girl overpowers man who tried to molest her, hands him over to police
New Delhi: Gathering courage, a 20-year-old girl overpowered a man who allegedly tried to molest her in a park in high-security Chanakyapuri area last evening and handed him over to police.
The incident took place at around 7 pm when the girl, a class 12 student, was taking a walk with her mother in Nehru Park in Chanakyapuri when the accused 22-year-old Manjeet, who is known to her and is a neighbour, reached the spot and began passing lewd comments at her, said a senior police official.
The girl at first ignored him but when he continued to misbehave, she called up the police and her relatives," said a police official.
On learning that police were on their way, Manjeet tried to flee but the girl chased him and caught him.
By that time, her cousin and maternal uncle, who live nearby, also reached the spot, the official said.
When the police reached the spot, they handed over Manjeet to them. He was taken to Chankyapuri police station and based on the victim?s complaint booked on the charge of molestation.
Manjeet hails from Rewari in Haryana and had been working as an electrician.
The girl is currently appearing in her supplementary exam of class 12 and lives with her family at the servant`s quarters at a senior officer`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside
- Cloud burst causes havoc in Uttarkashi
- Curfew continues only in 3 south Kashmir districts
- Samsung beat Apple in smartphone shipments amid positive results
- Hafiz Saeed leaves Pakistan fuming, claims protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT