Girl overpowers man who tried to molest her, hands him over to police
New Delhi: Gathering courage, a 20-year-old girl overpowered a man who allegedly tried to molest her in a park in high-security Chanakyapuri area last evening and handed him over to police.
The incident took place at around 7 pm when the girl, a class 12 student, was taking a walk with her mother in Nehru Park in Chanakyapuri when the accused 22-year-old Manjeet, who is known to her and is a neighbour, reached the spot and began passing lewd comments at her, said a senior police official.
The girl at first ignored him but when he continued to misbehave, she called up the police and her relatives," said a police official.
On learning that police were on their way, Manjeet tried to flee but the girl chased him and caught him.
By that time, her cousin and maternal uncle, who live nearby, also reached the spot, the official said.
When the police reached the spot, they handed over Manjeet to them. He was taken to Chankyapuri police station and based on the victim?s complaint booked on the charge of molestation.
Manjeet hails from Rewari in Haryana and had been working as an electrician.
The girl is currently appearing in her supplementary exam of class 12 and lives with her family at the servant`s quarters at a senior officer`s residence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October