Girl raped by youths in south-west Delhi
New Delhi: A minor girl was raped allegedly
by four youths in a car after they abducted her when she was
returning from school in south-west Delhi, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place in Jafarpur Kalan area yesterday
afternoon when the youths dragged the victim into the car and
sexually assaulted the victim, they said.
The youths had initially asked the girl to accompany
them, and later chased her after she refused their overtures,
The victim, who studies in a government school, was then
forcibly dragged into the car, they said.
"The youths raped her in the car. After raping her, they
abandoned her...," a senior police official said.
The incident came to light when the victim narrated the
incident to her family, who approached police.
A medical examination confirmed sexual assault and a case
has been registered. The official said efforts were on to nab
the accused, who are also said to be students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- GST promises to boost GDP growth rates by up to 2%: President
- Vodafone to start e-KYC from Aug 24 for instant SIM activation
- Belgian jazz musician Toots Thielemans dies at 94
- Finance Ministry expects new RBI Governor Urjit Patel to push growth while checking inflation
- Tata Motors launches two new commercial vehicles in Indonesia