Girl raped by youths in south-west Delhi
New Delhi: A minor girl was raped allegedly
by four youths in a car after they abducted her when she was
returning from school in south-west Delhi, police said on Tuesday.
The incident took place in Jafarpur Kalan area yesterday
afternoon when the youths dragged the victim into the car and
sexually assaulted the victim, they said.
The youths had initially asked the girl to accompany
them, and later chased her after she refused their overtures,
The victim, who studies in a government school, was then
forcibly dragged into the car, they said.
"The youths raped her in the car. After raping her, they
abandoned her...," a senior police official said.
The incident came to light when the victim narrated the
incident to her family, who approached police.
A medical examination confirmed sexual assault and a case
has been registered. The official said efforts were on to nab
the accused, who are also said to be students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Gurdaspur terror attack: Blow-by-blow account
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea