Girl raped, murdered in Faridabad
Faridabad (Haryana): A girl studying in class XII was allegedly raped and murdered by a youth here on the outskirts of Delhi, sparking protests in the area, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last night when the accused Sonu abducted the girl as she was going for tuition classes and raped her in a guest house, they said.
When she did not returned home by late evening, her worried family members stepped out to trace her.
They were shocked when the police recovered her body bearing multiple stab wounds and with her throat slit.
As the news spread in the morning, angry residents of the area protested against the heinous crime, demonstrated in front of the police station and blocked the roads.
They also stormed the house of the accused and pelted stones besides setting a motorcycle on fire.
In view of tension in the area, additional police force was deployed to maintain law and order.
The accused was arrested today after a case of murder against him was registered, SHO Anil Kumar said.
Kumar said it appeared to be a case of one-sided love affair. Meanwhile, the body of the girl has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH