Girl raped, murdered in Faridabad
Faridabad (Haryana): A girl studying in class XII was allegedly raped and murdered by a youth here on the outskirts of Delhi, sparking protests in the area, police said on Friday.
The incident took place last night when the accused Sonu abducted the girl as she was going for tuition classes and raped her in a guest house, they said.
When she did not returned home by late evening, her worried family members stepped out to trace her.
They were shocked when the police recovered her body bearing multiple stab wounds and with her throat slit.
As the news spread in the morning, angry residents of the area protested against the heinous crime, demonstrated in front of the police station and blocked the roads.
They also stormed the house of the accused and pelted stones besides setting a motorcycle on fire.
In view of tension in the area, additional police force was deployed to maintain law and order.
The accused was arrested today after a case of murder against him was registered, SHO Anil Kumar said.
Kumar said it appeared to be a case of one-sided love affair. Meanwhile, the body of the girl has been sent for post-mortem.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!