Give Cong 3rd wheel of auto: Kapil to MCD voters
New Delhi: Describing Parliament, Assembly
and the municipality as the wheels of a three-wheeler, Union
Minister Kapil Sibal today asked Delhiites to vote Congress to
power in MCD polls to help it "move the autorickshaw faster".
"Congress has MLAs and MPs as two wheels, while the third
wheel in terms of municipal councillors should also be of the
same party. Give us the third wheel too, we will move the
auto-rickshaw faster," Sibal said after laying the foundation
stone for a Rs 2.6 crore community centre in Gandhi Vihar.
Terming councillors as ground representatives, Sibal
said they work hard to solve day-to-day problems of locals.
"Councillors are ground representatives who are linked
with the daily affairs of their locality and strive hard to
solve the locals` problems," Sibal, who represents the Chandni
Chowk constituency in Lok Sabha, said.
The Union HRD Minister said the foundation of a country
gets strengthened only when each family prospers and the
common man is happy. "We are always concerned and committed
for a common man," he said.
The problems of electricity, water, sanitation, school
and health concern the common man, and therefore should be
solved in a time-bound manner, he said, adding, education
should not be costly.
He alleged that the Congress is unable to implement the
Goods and Services Tax due to resistance from the BJP.
"Congress stands for bringing Goods and Services Tax for
levying uniform taxes across the country, but we have not been
able to do so due to resistance from the BJP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm