Give Cong 3rd wheel of auto: Kapil to MCD voters
New Delhi: Describing Parliament, Assembly
and the municipality as the wheels of a three-wheeler, Union
Minister Kapil Sibal today asked Delhiites to vote Congress to
power in MCD polls to help it "move the autorickshaw faster".
"Congress has MLAs and MPs as two wheels, while the third
wheel in terms of municipal councillors should also be of the
same party. Give us the third wheel too, we will move the
auto-rickshaw faster," Sibal said after laying the foundation
stone for a Rs 2.6 crore community centre in Gandhi Vihar.
Terming councillors as ground representatives, Sibal
said they work hard to solve day-to-day problems of locals.
"Councillors are ground representatives who are linked
with the daily affairs of their locality and strive hard to
solve the locals` problems," Sibal, who represents the Chandni
Chowk constituency in Lok Sabha, said.
The Union HRD Minister said the foundation of a country
gets strengthened only when each family prospers and the
common man is happy. "We are always concerned and committed
for a common man," he said.
The problems of electricity, water, sanitation, school
and health concern the common man, and therefore should be
solved in a time-bound manner, he said, adding, education
should not be costly.
He alleged that the Congress is unable to implement the
Goods and Services Tax due to resistance from the BJP.
"Congress stands for bringing Goods and Services Tax for
levying uniform taxes across the country, but we have not been
able to do so due to resistance from the BJP," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon