Give details of budget allocation for health sector: Delhi HC
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court has directed the Delhi government to inform it about the budget allocation for health sector for 2011-2012.
Justice S Muralidhar, in a recent order, directed the Secretary of Health and Family Welfare department to file an affidavit with details about the budgetary allocation by April 01.
The court also asked the officer to inform it about the position of dialysis machines as there was an immediate requirement in various hospitals here for the treatment of HIV patients.
The judge had earlier directed the city government to reserve at least one bed each in all its hospitals which have dialysis facilities for HIV patients.
While accepting the NCT government`s decision to reserve a bed each for HIV patients in Lok Nayak and Guru Teg Bahadur hospitals, the court said the provision was inadequate and the government was required to reserve at least a bed each in its other hospitals in a time-bound manner.
"In a time-bound manner, at least one bed must be reserved in each of the other hospitals functioning under GNCTD which are otherwise providing dialysis facilities," the judge had said.
The court was hearing a petition filed by a HIV-positive patient seeking direction to AIIMS and other government hospitals that failed to provide him dialysis here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof