Give protection to blind man, daughter: HC to police chief
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the city police commissioner to provide security to a blind man and his minor daughter against the alleged threat of dire consequences to them by the man`s former wife.
A vacation bench of Justice V K Jain ordered the city police chief to give security to the man and his 14-year-old daughter and also asked the police to file a status report in the matter by July 23.
The bench also issued notice to the ex-wife and her father to respond to the man`s plea, which alleged that his former spouse was threatening them since last month when he had brought his daughter back to his custody.
Delhi resident Syed Mohammed, in his petition, said he had got married to the woman in 1997 and a girl child was born to them in 1998. He said that just after the birth of their daughter, the couple had separated by a decree of divorce.
He said, at the time of divorce, they had mutually agreed that the custody of the girl will be given to him after two or three years but it did not happen and she was living with her mother till last month.
Seeking protection, the man also alleged that his daughter used to call her from Banagalore saying her mother did not treat her well and she was not allowed to study also.
He said his minor daughter was apprehending that she might be forcibly married at an early age. He further said soon after he brought his daughter to Delhi from Bangalore, he began receiving threats of dire consequences from his former wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon