Give protection to blind man, daughter: HC to police chief
New Delhi: The Delhi High Court on Wednesday asked the city police commissioner to provide security to a blind man and his minor daughter against the alleged threat of dire consequences to them by the man`s former wife.
A vacation bench of Justice V K Jain ordered the city police chief to give security to the man and his 14-year-old daughter and also asked the police to file a status report in the matter by July 23.
The bench also issued notice to the ex-wife and her father to respond to the man`s plea, which alleged that his former spouse was threatening them since last month when he had brought his daughter back to his custody.
Delhi resident Syed Mohammed, in his petition, said he had got married to the woman in 1997 and a girl child was born to them in 1998. He said that just after the birth of their daughter, the couple had separated by a decree of divorce.
He said, at the time of divorce, they had mutually agreed that the custody of the girl will be given to him after two or three years but it did not happen and she was living with her mother till last month.
Seeking protection, the man also alleged that his daughter used to call her from Banagalore saying her mother did not treat her well and she was not allowed to study also.
He said his minor daughter was apprehending that she might be forcibly married at an early age. He further said soon after he brought his daughter to Delhi from Bangalore, he began receiving threats of dire consequences from his former wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Sheena murder case: Villager helps locate spot where body was buried