Global Nair Service Society launches global organisation
New Delhi: The Kerala-based Nair Service
Society, a group of members of the Nair community, on Sunday
launched its global organisation here to bring all its
representative bodies across the world under one umbrella.
The Global Nair Service Society, as it is called, is a
joint initiative to bring together all Nair organisations to
network, conduct and promote activities to preserve their
unity, the NSS said in a statement.
Nairs form a substantial chunk of Kerala`s population
and in pre-independence India they constituted the ranks of
rulers, warriors and landed gentry.
T K A Nair, principal secretary to Prime Minister
Manmohan Singh and C V Ananda Bose, the administrator of the
National Museum, were among several prominent members of the
community who attended the Global Nair Conference here today.
Nair Service Society (NSS) was founded in 1914 by
Mannath Padmanabhan, an activist who participated in the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!