Godman`s aide beaten up; Court issues notice to Tihar official
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday issued a
notice to a jail superintendent of Tihar on the plea of a
co-accused of self-styled godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi in the sex
racket case that he was beaten up by some undertrials in a
prison van today.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ravinder Singh asked the jail
authority to respond to the application of Praveen on March
The application, filed through advocate M S Khan, said
the other undertrials who were also coming to the court with
Praveen in the van assaulted him.
The accused, who gave a copy of his medical report to the
court, also sought a direction to the authority for ensuring
his safety inside and outside the prison.
The court, meanwhile, extended the judicial custody of
Dwivedi and Praveen till April 5.
Earlier, the godman had pleaded before the court that
he faced threat to his life and sought a separate cell for
himself in the prison.
Dwivedi is accused in four cases under the Immoral
Traffic (Prevention) Act and one case of robbery. He was
arrested on March nine under the provisions of MCOCA.
The self-styled Godman is alleged to have earned
crores of rupees through the sex racket and has properties
worth Rs one crore at various places. He is also accused of
running a website for the flesh trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM