Godman`s aide beaten up; Court issues notice to Tihar official
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Tuesday issued a
notice to a jail superintendent of Tihar on the plea of a
co-accused of self-styled godman Shiv Murat Dwivedi in the sex
racket case that he was beaten up by some undertrials in a
prison van today.
Metropolitan Magistrate Ravinder Singh asked the jail
authority to respond to the application of Praveen on March
The application, filed through advocate M S Khan, said
the other undertrials who were also coming to the court with
Praveen in the van assaulted him.
The accused, who gave a copy of his medical report to the
court, also sought a direction to the authority for ensuring
his safety inside and outside the prison.
The court, meanwhile, extended the judicial custody of
Dwivedi and Praveen till April 5.
Earlier, the godman had pleaded before the court that
he faced threat to his life and sought a separate cell for
himself in the prison.
Dwivedi is accused in four cases under the Immoral
Traffic (Prevention) Act and one case of robbery. He was
arrested on March nine under the provisions of MCOCA.
The self-styled Godman is alleged to have earned
crores of rupees through the sex racket and has properties
worth Rs one crore at various places. He is also accused of
running a website for the flesh trade.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IIT Kharagpur students design racing car to compete in Russia
- IRCTC to offer Rs 10 lakh insurance cover for Re 1
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security?
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part II
- Are political parties playing vote politics in the name of cow-security? - Part III