Goel rubbishes Sibal`s graft charges in Delhi municipal bodies
New Delhi: Rejecting Union Minister Kapil Sibal`s graft allegations against municipal bodies, Delhi BJP chief Vijay Goel on Friday asked him why no action was taken against city government based on report of the CAG and Shunglu Committee into the alleged CWG bunglings.
Goel also challenged Sibal for an open debate on alleged corruption in the Congress-ruled Delhi government and BJP- ruled municipal corporations.
Earlier in the day, addressing a public meeting in Balimaran area Central Delhi, Sibal termed the BJP-ruled MCDs as "maha chor department (a department of big thieves)".
"It would be better if Sibal eradicates corruption from Delhi government. He should go through the reports of Shunglu Committee on Commonwealth Games, reports of CAG, PAC and Lokayukta in which the chief minister and Delhi government have been found guilty of corruption," Goel said.
Rubbishing allegations of graft against three municipal corporations, the BJP leader said the allegations have been levelled in view of Assembly polls scheduled later this year.
"Sibal does not know that the Commissioners of all the three municipal corporations have been appointed by the Home Ministry of his government in consultation with chief minister and the Lt Governor," he said.
Talking about performance of Gujarat government, Goel said, "Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit has forgotten that she has already praised the development work of Chief Minister Narendra Modi."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!