Goel to file criminal complaint against Kejriwal
New Delhi: Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel will file a criminal complaint against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal "in view of mischievous and baseless allegations of corruption" levelled by him.
A BJP release Wednesday said Goel served a legal notice on Kejriwal but the reply given by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader lacked specific details of his allegations.
"The reply given by Kejriwal has no specific details that could prove even an iota of the allegations levelled against the Delhi BJP president. Hence, the Delhi BJP president is compelled to file a criminal complaint against Kejriwal," the release said.
The party said Kejriwal`s "vitriolic and personal attack" against the party was helping the Congress.
"It is surprising that instead of targeting the Congress government, AAP leaders are targeting the main opposition party BJP which is all set to defeat Congress," the release said.
BJP claimed that people had seen through "Kejriwal`s attempts to divide the anti-incumbency vote" and his party was losing support.
"His recent outbursts are also a reflection of his growing frustration. The Delhi BJP believes that political battles should not lead to personal attacks," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read