Goel to file criminal complaint against Kejriwal
New Delhi: Delhi BJP president Vijay Goel will file a criminal complaint against AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal "in view of mischievous and baseless allegations of corruption" levelled by him.
A BJP release Wednesday said Goel served a legal notice on Kejriwal but the reply given by the Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader lacked specific details of his allegations.
"The reply given by Kejriwal has no specific details that could prove even an iota of the allegations levelled against the Delhi BJP president. Hence, the Delhi BJP president is compelled to file a criminal complaint against Kejriwal," the release said.
The party said Kejriwal`s "vitriolic and personal attack" against the party was helping the Congress.
"It is surprising that instead of targeting the Congress government, AAP leaders are targeting the main opposition party BJP which is all set to defeat Congress," the release said.
BJP claimed that people had seen through "Kejriwal`s attempts to divide the anti-incumbency vote" and his party was losing support.
"His recent outbursts are also a reflection of his growing frustration. The Delhi BJP believes that political battles should not lead to personal attacks," the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news for wait-listed passengers! Now upgrade to Air India if train ticket not confirmed
- North Korea's Kim Jong-Un turns into a matchmaker for his sister, set to host dating contest
- Super-hot! Sussanne Khan, Bipasha Basu, Malaika Arora on the cover of Femina Luxury issue
- All you want to know about Salman Khan-Arijit Singh feud! – Details inside
- Donald Trump fires his national political director - campaign sources