Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man was on Monday crushed to death by a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in his attempt to save a woman who had suddenly come in front of the vehicle, said police.
Sarwan Kumar, a resident of Basai Darapur village in west Delhi, was killed around 11 am on Monday at Pusa road, near Rajendra Place in central Delhi. The bus was plying on route number 753 between Mori Gate and Uttam Nagar.
Kumar, a labourer, was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Raj Singh, the bus driver, has been arrested and the bus impounded. A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the driver," said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar