Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man was on Monday crushed to death by a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in his attempt to save a woman who had suddenly come in front of the vehicle, said police.
Sarwan Kumar, a resident of Basai Darapur village in west Delhi, was killed around 11 am on Monday at Pusa road, near Rajendra Place in central Delhi. The bus was plying on route number 753 between Mori Gate and Uttam Nagar.
Kumar, a labourer, was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Raj Singh, the bus driver, has been arrested and the bus impounded. A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the driver," said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16