Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man was on Monday crushed to death by a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in his attempt to save a woman who had suddenly come in front of the vehicle, said police.
Sarwan Kumar, a resident of Basai Darapur village in west Delhi, was killed around 11 am on Monday at Pusa road, near Rajendra Place in central Delhi. The bus was plying on route number 753 between Mori Gate and Uttam Nagar.
Kumar, a labourer, was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Raj Singh, the bus driver, has been arrested and the bus impounded. A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the driver," said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you