Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man was on Monday crushed to death by a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in his attempt to save a woman who had suddenly come in front of the vehicle, said police.
Sarwan Kumar, a resident of Basai Darapur village in west Delhi, was killed around 11 am on Monday at Pusa road, near Rajendra Place in central Delhi. The bus was plying on route number 753 between Mori Gate and Uttam Nagar.
Kumar, a labourer, was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Raj Singh, the bus driver, has been arrested and the bus impounded. A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the driver," said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test