Good Samaritan saves life, gets killed himself
New Delhi: A 33-year-old man was on Monday crushed to death by a Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) bus in his attempt to save a woman who had suddenly come in front of the vehicle, said police.
Sarwan Kumar, a resident of Basai Darapur village in west Delhi, was killed around 11 am on Monday at Pusa road, near Rajendra Place in central Delhi. The bus was plying on route number 753 between Mori Gate and Uttam Nagar.
Kumar, a labourer, was rushed to hospital where he was pronounced dead.
"Raj Singh, the bus driver, has been arrested and the bus impounded. A case of rash and negligent driving has been registered against the driver," said a police official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters