Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah traffic disrupted
Lucknow: Rail traffic on the busy Delhi-Howrah route was disrupted Wednesday when three wagons of a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district early Wednesday. No one was injured, authorities said.
The accident took place near Amiapur railway station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the train was headed for Delhi from Kanpur.
"The reason behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Paramhans Mishra told reporters in Kanpur.
"The derailment has substantially damaged the tracks. A team of railway officials would soon arrive on the spot to carry out an operation for restoring the rail route," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Narshingh Yadav doping scandal: ‘Intruder’ who may have spiked wrestler's food identified?
- IMF says Egypt seeking financial support
- Pacer Kagiso Rabada scoops six South African awards
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll