Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah traffic disrupted
Lucknow: Rail traffic on the busy Delhi-Howrah route was disrupted Wednesday when three wagons of a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district early Wednesday. No one was injured, authorities said.
The accident took place near Amiapur railway station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the train was headed for Delhi from Kanpur.
"The reason behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Paramhans Mishra told reporters in Kanpur.
"The derailment has substantially damaged the tracks. A team of railway officials would soon arrive on the spot to carry out an operation for restoring the rail route," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends