Goods train derails, Delhi-Howrah traffic disrupted
Lucknow: Rail traffic on the busy Delhi-Howrah route was disrupted Wednesday when three wagons of a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Kanpur district early Wednesday. No one was injured, authorities said.
The accident took place near Amiapur railway station in Kanpur, some 80 km from Lucknow, when the train was headed for Delhi from Kanpur.
"The reason behind the derailment is yet to be ascertained," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Paramhans Mishra told reporters in Kanpur.
"The derailment has substantially damaged the tracks. A team of railway officials would soon arrive on the spot to carry out an operation for restoring the rail route," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news