Gopal Kanda admitted to Tihar hospital
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who was admitted to jail hospital Thursday for high blood pressure, is stable but still hospitalised, police said.
Kanda`s condition is now stable but he is still hospitalised and doctors are monitoring his health, said Tihar Jail spokesperson Sunil Gupta.
"On Kanda`s complaint of a pain in his chest, he was shifted to jail hospital on doctors` advice where his blood pressure was noticed to be high," said Gupta.
The former Haryana minister is accused of abetting suicide of 23-year-old former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Kanda, who evaded police for ten days, was finally arrested when he surrendered in north Delhi`s Ashok Vihar police station Aug 18.
A Delhi court sent him to 14-day judicial custody Tuesday after his ten-day police custody.
The 46-year-old owner of the now defunct MDLR Airlines, Kanda is accused of abetting suicide of Geetika Sharma, who was found hanging at her Ashok Vihar flat Aug 5.
Geetika in her suicide notes accused Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha of harassing her and responsible for driving her to suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees