Gopal Kanda admitted to Tihar hospital
New Delhi: Former Haryana minister Gopal Goyal Kanda, who was admitted to jail hospital Thursday for high blood pressure, is stable but still hospitalised, police said.
Kanda`s condition is now stable but he is still hospitalised and doctors are monitoring his health, said Tihar Jail spokesperson Sunil Gupta.
"On Kanda`s complaint of a pain in his chest, he was shifted to jail hospital on doctors` advice where his blood pressure was noticed to be high," said Gupta.
The former Haryana minister is accused of abetting suicide of 23-year-old former air hostess Geetika Sharma.
Kanda, who evaded police for ten days, was finally arrested when he surrendered in north Delhi`s Ashok Vihar police station Aug 18.
A Delhi court sent him to 14-day judicial custody Tuesday after his ten-day police custody.
The 46-year-old owner of the now defunct MDLR Airlines, Kanda is accused of abetting suicide of Geetika Sharma, who was found hanging at her Ashok Vihar flat Aug 5.
Geetika in her suicide notes accused Kanda and his employee Aruna Chaddha of harassing her and responsible for driving her to suicide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door