Governing tougher than organising rallies: Ramesh to AAP
Sangareddy: Taking a swipe at Aam Aadmi Party, Congress leader and Rural Development Minister Jairam Ramesh today said governing was much more difficult than organising rallies.
AAP leader Arvind Kejriwal failed to deliver when he was in power (as Delhi Chief Minister), and in fact chose to quit in just 49 days, Ramesh said, addressing a press conference here.
He said Congress had fulfilled its promise to carve out the state of Telangana, respecting the wishes of four crore people in the region.
BJP, on the other hand, adopted a double standard, Ramesh said. It supported the Telangana bill in the Lok Sabha but tried to create hurdles in the Rajya Sabha, he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report