Government car kills biker in Delhi
New Delhi: A 40-year-old businessman was killed while his friend suffered injuries in the capital Saturday morning after the motorcycle they were riding was hit by a speeding car of a government department, police said.
The incident took place around 10 a.m. at Millenium Depot near Sarai Kale Khan area.
"The errant driver managed to flee from the spot but the car, which had an excise department sticker on it, has been identified. No one has been arrested yet," a police officer said.
Pravesh, a resident of Delhi`s Paharganj area, was declared dead at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) while his friend Amit is recuperating, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections