Government car kills biker in Delhi
New Delhi: A 40-year-old businessman was killed while his friend suffered injuries in the capital Saturday morning after the motorcycle they were riding was hit by a speeding car of a government department, police said.
The incident took place around 10 a.m. at Millenium Depot near Sarai Kale Khan area.
"The errant driver managed to flee from the spot but the car, which had an excise department sticker on it, has been identified. No one has been arrested yet," a police officer said.
Pravesh, a resident of Delhi`s Paharganj area, was declared dead at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) while his friend Amit is recuperating, the officer added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Michelle Obama endorses Hillary Clinton at Democratic Convention
- Muslim writer, accused of insulting God, attacked in Kerala
- Gujarat Dalit victims say 'gau rakshaks' could have burnt them alive
- OnePlus 3 Soft Gold edition hitting the stores today
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra