Govind Kanda given bail in case for avoiding court
New Delhi: Former Haryana Minister Gopal Goyal Kanda`s brother Govind Kanda has been granted bail by a Delhi court in a case lodged against him for evading court appearance in a 14-year-old cheque bounce case.
Govind, who was earlier granted interim bail by another court till October 31 on a personal bond of Rs 10,000 with a surety of same amount, was given the relief as his brother Gopal has already been granted bail in the same case.
Gopal, who is presently lodged in jail under judicial custody in connection with the former air hostess Geetika Sharma suicide case, is also an accused in the case for evading the court and was granted bail earlier.
Additional Sessions Judge Neena Bansal Krishna confirmed the interim bail granted to Govind and directed him to join the probe as and when required.
"...Considering that co-accused Gopal Goyal...Has already been admitted to bail in similar FIR registered against him as well under Section 174-A of the IPC and also considering that applicant/accused (Govind) has already been granted interim bail... The interim bail granted...Stands confirmed on the same terms and conditions," the court said.
The case for evading the court was recently lodged against them by the Delhi police on a court`s direction.
Both the brothers were declared proclaimed offenders in the cheque bounce case which they had settled in August this year in an out-of-court agreement.
The police had registered the case against Kanda brothers under section 174 A (punishment for non-appearance in response to court proclamation) of the IPC which entails a maximum jail term of three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...