Govind Kanda`s interim bail extended till Oct 31
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday extended till October 31 the interim bail of former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda`s brother Govind Kanda in a case lodged against him for evading court appearance in a 14-year-old cheque bounce case.
District Judge H S Sharma, who had earlier granted interim bail to Govind till today on a personal bond of Rs 10,000 with a surety of the like amount, extended it till October 31.
Gopal Kanda, who is presently in judicial custody in connection with the Geetika Sharma suicide case, is also an accused in the cheque bounce case for evading the court and is in judicial custody till October 12 in the case.
The case for evading the court was recently lodged against them by the Delhi police on a court`s direction.
Kanda and his brother Govind were declared proclaimed offenders in the cheque bounce case which they had settled in August this year in an out-of-court agreement.
The police had registered the case against Kanda brothers under section 174 A (punishment for non-appearance in response to court proclamation) of the IPC which entails a maximum jail term of three years.
They were declared proclaimed offenders in the case in May this year by the court for not responding to its summons and avoiding its warrants.
The brothers had been facing summons and warrants issued by a court here since 1998 in the cheque bounce case related to dishonour of a Rs 4.10 lakh cheque issued by them.
The cheque bounce case was settled between the two
parties on August 27 after the brothers paid the amount of Rs 4.10 lakh to the complainant.
Gopal Kanda had resigned as minister from Haryana cabinet after he was charged with abetting the suicide of his former employee Geetika.
Gopal and his aide Aruna Chaddah are presently in jail under judicial custody for their alleged role in the Geetika suicide case in which the Delhi police had recently filed its charge sheet against them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest