Govind Kanda`s interim bail extended till Oct 31
New Delhi: A Delhi court on Wednesday extended till October 31 the interim bail of former Haryana Minister Gopal Kanda`s brother Govind Kanda in a case lodged against him for evading court appearance in a 14-year-old cheque bounce case.
District Judge H S Sharma, who had earlier granted interim bail to Govind till today on a personal bond of Rs 10,000 with a surety of the like amount, extended it till October 31.
Gopal Kanda, who is presently in judicial custody in connection with the Geetika Sharma suicide case, is also an accused in the cheque bounce case for evading the court and is in judicial custody till October 12 in the case.
The case for evading the court was recently lodged against them by the Delhi police on a court`s direction.
Kanda and his brother Govind were declared proclaimed offenders in the cheque bounce case which they had settled in August this year in an out-of-court agreement.
The police had registered the case against Kanda brothers under section 174 A (punishment for non-appearance in response to court proclamation) of the IPC which entails a maximum jail term of three years.
They were declared proclaimed offenders in the case in May this year by the court for not responding to its summons and avoiding its warrants.
The brothers had been facing summons and warrants issued by a court here since 1998 in the cheque bounce case related to dishonour of a Rs 4.10 lakh cheque issued by them.
The cheque bounce case was settled between the two
parties on August 27 after the brothers paid the amount of Rs 4.10 lakh to the complainant.
Gopal Kanda had resigned as minister from Haryana cabinet after he was charged with abetting the suicide of his former employee Geetika.
Gopal and his aide Aruna Chaddah are presently in jail under judicial custody for their alleged role in the Geetika suicide case in which the Delhi police had recently filed its charge sheet against them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Helicopter crash kills six Vaishno Devi pilgrims, pilot near Katra; chopper service suspended