Govt allows Maya to retain five bungalows in Lutyen`s zone
New Delhi: The UPA government has allowed Bahujan Samajwadi Party (BSP) supremo Mayawati, whose party gives crucial support to them, to retain five sprawling bungalows in the Lutyen`s zone here in the capital.
Earlier, she got approval of the Urban Development Ministry for merging three bungalows on the Gurudwar Rakabgunj Road into one and was allowed two more bungalows one on the same road and the other at the Tyagraj Marg.
The Ministry had allowed her to merge three bungalows (No. 12, 14 and 16) on the Gurudwara Rakabgunj Road as she had sought adequate space for Bahujan Samaj Prerna Trust.
But, since the rules do not allow any modification of bungalows in the Lutyen Zone, the CPWD has objected to the amalgamation of the three into one, an official said, adding, the violations have been reported to concerned authorities.
Besides, she was alloted bungalow No. 4 on the Gurudwara Rakabgunj Road for her party office and bungalow No. 3 on Tyagraj Marg as party president of BSP, the official added.
While bungalows on the Gurudwara Rakabgunj Road are Type VI, the Tyagraj accommodation is Type VIII.
At present, five other charitable trusts are allowed to be operational in the Lutyen`s bungalow zone. They are Babu Jagjivan Ram Memorial, Rajiv Gandhi Foundation, Nehru Memorial Museum and Library, Lal Bahadur Shastri Memorial and the Indira Gandhi National Centre for Arts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- See what can Maggi do to your health!
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- Video of cops dancing with woman goes viral, inquiry ordered
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview